Pastor Taiwo Odukoya @ Sunday service
November 7 Sunday service at The Fountain of Life Church was indeed an atmosphere of victorious praise. The first Sunday service in November witnessed a palpable outpour of praise and worship to God.
In his message for the day, the senior pastor of the church, Pastor Taiwo Odukoya noted that the beginning of a Christian’s success is to have the full knowledge of his or her salvation. This, he said, will not allow them to be confused by the devil. Using Paul’s and Silas’ experience in Acts 16:16-34 as an illustration, the Pastor said that believers need to be watchful of distressing praise which fans the flesh; noting that such praises should be rebuked just as Apostle Paul rebuked the praises of the girl with the familiar spirit because it was distressing to his spirit.
The senior pastor further said that believers would always encounter tribulations for standing for God in a corrupt environment and doing the right thing but, this should not make them lose their trust in God as well as their communication with Him through prayer and songs of praise just as Paul and Silas did.
Speaking from Psalm 22:2-3, Pastor Taiwo noted that midnight is the bleakest time of one’s troubles and the way a believer handles this midnight season of his or her life will determine the outcome. “At midnight, you solve your problems alone with God. But there is always a song at midnight and you will find your song, in the name of Jesus,” he said.
He, therefore, urged the congregation to never forget to always give god victorious praise as he made prophetic declarations to them
Pastor Biodun Soderu @ Thursday showers
At the Thursday showers 4th of November 2021, Pastor Biodun Soderu started his message by referring to the theme scripture of the month, Acts 16; 25-27. It was a reflection of the November Anointing service message preached by the senior pastor, Pastor Taiwo Odukoya.
The account was about the imprisonment of Paul and Silas and the aftermath result. He said there are five major points to pick from this scripture and he went further to list and explain them as follows.
1. He said praying and singing were a lifestyle for Paul and Silas, it was what they were used to doing so even in the prison, they still lived their beliefs. Colossians 1:3, Colossians 4:2, Ephesians 5:18-20.
2. It’s also a case of all things working together for good for those who love God. He said their being in prison was meant to be the avenue for the salvation of those there.
3. It was also a way of God letting the devil know that the believer cannot be stopped or trapped or held back by the walls of a prison.
4. Another major point is having the right company by you at all times. Psalm 1:1-3, Proverbs 27:17.
5. It is not a time to complain, abuse, take offence or speak ill. But pray at such moments and await your miracle.
He ended the sermon by raising some prayer points and asked the brethren to pray along with him. He led prayers on stagnation, being held back by evil forces, being on a spot, going around in circles and the brethren went ahead to offer prayers to God on their cases.